PICS Telecom International EMEA HQ located in Bristol, UK has recently been awarded a Silver Medal for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Management by the assessment firm EcoVadis. This ranking places PICS in the top 23% of all assessed companies worldwide, with only 5% of companies achieving a Gold Medal.
The EcoVadis methodology is based on international sustainability standards (Global Reporting Initiative, United Nations Global Compact, ISO 26000), and administered by a scientific committee of CSR and supply chain experts. EcoVadis ratings and scorecards provide businesses with a reliable indicator of their CSR performance. PICS is honored to be awarded with a Silver Medal following the assessment.
Corporate Social Responsibility is an organization’s responsibility for the impact of its activities on the society and the environment. This is demonstrated through transparent and ethical behaviour that:
- Contributes to sustainable development, including health and the welfare of society
- Takes into account the expectations of stake holders
- Is in compliance with applicable law and consistent with international norms of behaviour
- And is integrated throughout the organization and implemented in its relations
The 6 core subjects listed by ISO 26000 are:
- Human rights
- Labour practices
- The environment
- Fair operating practices
- Consumer issues
- Community involvement and development