Why buy from PICS?
PICS Telecom has been supporting telecom & data network providers for nearly 30 years. We aim to help to decrease costs and increase network stability for some of the leading global organisations. We have achieved this whilst retaining our true core values as a family business.
With our qualified engineers and world-class test labs, we can provide new, used & refurbished network hardware that has been fully tested and configured to our customers’ requirements which ensures an industry-leading customer satisfaction rate.
Our five-step quality assurance and inventory control process.
The rigorous five-step process we use to test and assure the quality of each and every piece of equipment allows PICS to boast an industry standard setting in field failure rate of less than 1% across all our platforms and gives you peace of mind.
- Audit and inspection. We inspect, identify, and inventory all equipment components, chassis, bays, and individual cards. Equipment is identified by manufacturer serial number, bar-coded, assigned an inventory control number in our Inventory Control Tracking System (POINTS), and stored in a static-free, climate-controlled storage facility.
- Configuration. Orders are custom-configured to meet client specifications and facilitate plug-and-play operation.
- Equipment test. Equipment is powered-on and booted up to confirm revision levels and to reset factory default configurations. We then perform diagnostic testing of the integrated product, including optical level, protection switching, and functionality. A 24-, 48-, or 72-hours continuous traffic load stress test is performed on switching equipment to verify and meet OEM specifications.
- Quality certification. All custom configurations and tests are printed, recorded in our ERP system, and reviewed by our certified engineers and technicians prior to equipment being released to the shipping department.
- Quality packaging. After the equipment is given one final visual inspection, the order is packed in individual, anti-static, reinforced custom packing to prevent any shipping or handling damage.
Every unit sold by PICS comes with an extensive advanced replacement warranty to ensure total peace of mind. In the unlikely event that you require to use the warranty, we have a very simple easy to use RMA process to ensure you are not spending unwanted time dealing with lengthy returns. Whilst we arrange a collection of the faulty unit, we will send you a replacement!
Buying equipment from PICS can save our customers up to 90% on OEM list price depending on current market conditions.
Reduced lead time.
With the largest stock of new, refurbished, and used equipment in the circular economy PICS can supply your equipment at hugely reduced lead times from one of our four global headquarters, if the order is received early enough we can even ship the same day!
Industry-leading account management.
Our account management team has a combined experience of 400 years and can offer expert consultation on your network requirements to ensure you have the correct configurations to run your network.
Rest assured all of our processes are designed and implemented with the environment in mind, even down to the packaging you receive your order in!