Location: Rochester NY » Americas.
Technical Services Support Administrator/Technician.
Technical Services Support Administrator/Technician is responsible for providing Administrative support for the Technical Services Team as well as being able to represent Technical Services at customer site surveys. This position will require 30-40% travel and the selected candidate must have a Central Office background and a working knowledge of Telcordia practices. Also, in this role, you will be required to act as an interface between Technical Services and Client Services to ensure the timely and proper dissemination and sharing of data to help facilitate transactional functions.
Main Job Requirements:
- Act as administrative support to the Technical Services team to help facilitate the completion of equipment de-installations.
- Responsible for job creation in PICS Telecom systems
- Upon job completion, create SO’s (Service Orders) in CRM and communicate the appropriate SME in Client Services
- Work with Accounting to ensure that jobs have been invoiced and payment received.
- Ensure job documentation including but not limited to; quotes, proposals, photos, coi’s (Certificates of Insurance) and communication with customers are updated and kept to date in various databases.
- Perform Site survey’s at customers sites to gather the necessary information required to complete quotes. Knowledge of Central Office operations a must. This role requires approximately 30-40% travel along the eastern seaboard.
- Conduct on-site inventory utilizing customer specific scanning device or PICS provided scanning devices
- Perform minor removal services (equipment harvesting) and coordinate with the Project Manager for the proper packaging and disposition of equipment from the field.
- Ability to follow direction and work unsupervised while following all PICS Technical Services procedures.
- Maintain contractor report cards and report deficiencies back to the Technical Services Team Manager.
- Support De-installation crews in the ordering of supplies and arranging shipments back to Rochester in conjunction with the Project Management.
- Work independently on special projects and communicate findings back to the Technical Services Manager.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Candidate must have 5+ years of experience working in Telecommunications.
- Knowledge of legacy telecom gear
- Strong communication skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to work Independently or part as a team.
- Strong organizational & time management skills required
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Min of five years of Telecommunications experience require.
|Starting salary $50K/ year |
Signing bonus payable after 90 days of employment