Location: Nailsea UK » EMEA.
General Job Description:
Having a highly productive team is essential for PICS warehouse and distribution business in Nailsea. At PICS Telecom we are always seeking team members who are quick thinkers, use their initiative, and work well within a team. Our warehouse structure is designed to develop the right behaviors; integrity, honesty, and reliability, as well as the necessary skills to do the job right. Our main aims are to have the right people who support the moving and handling, packing, and processing of orders and driving good customer service. As the right candidate, you will need to be a dependable warehouse operative who is detail-oriented and possesses the physical and mental stamina this role requires. You will play an important role in ensuring our warehouse operates with optimum accuracy and efficiency, helping to fulfill various roles within the warehouse environment.
Warehouse Operatives day-to-day duties will vary based on the expectations of the business and tasks assigned by the Team Leader. However, core tasks associated with the role include, but not limited to.
- Receive and process new inventory, ensuring contents match manifest documents.
- Assist with shipping, receiving, and inventory operations.
- Double-check items to verify the accuracy of outgoing orders.
- Move and transfer products between various sections of the warehouse as needed.
- Use forklifts, pallet trucks, etc. to transfer and deliver goods.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety rules and regulations and all times.
- Follow all warehouse policies and standard operating procedures.
- Perform detailed manual inventory counts on request.
- Load and unload vehicles in line with H&S procedures.
- Can do attitude.
- Strong work ethic.
- Comfortable working within a team environment and independently.
- Ability to work with sustained speed and accuracy.
- Heavy lifting, with some tasks consisting of repetitive lifting.
- Demonstrate flexibility and cooperation in covering warehouse duties.
Skills and qualities:
- GCSEs or equivalent
- Good verbal communicator.
- Computer literate.
- Work with other warehouse team members to effectively complete assigned tasks.
- Familiar with common warehouse tools and equipment.
- Dependable and responsible.
- Punctual and good self-discipline.
- Ability to maintain high standards of accuracy.
- Able to work long hours on one’s feet and perform physically demanding tasks.